In addition to numerous improvements and new features, the latest version 4.6.0 of FrontFace also offers new design options for playlists and touch menus: With the so-called “Container Style”, characteristics such as background colors/gradients, border type, color and thickness can be set for all media objects as well as settings for drop shadow or glow effects. This opens up numerous new possibilities for eye-catching playlists and touch menus e.g., for digital bulletin boards.
The version also brings the following new features and improvements:
- NEW: Each media object now has a “Container Style” attribute. This allows configuring drop shadow, background, and border settings for each media object for even more individual designs
- NEW: Update of OSK (On Screen Keyboard) component to newer version
- NEW: Background music now continues to play when navigating different content in a touch menu
- NEW: If only one (daily) timer is defined in scheduling, the playlist will always be played, regardless of the actual date and time of the player’s system clock
- NEW: If any hidden or invisible containers are included in a layout, the container list is automatically displayed, and the hidden container is indicated semi-transparently
- NEW: The Pinboard layout has been improved and can optionally be updated (if already used)
- FIX: Optimization of link support for integrating PDF and XPS files
- FIX: Fixed bug when scrolling/paging playlist pages
- FIX: Loading of the provider logo in the weather optimized
- FIX: Optimization of the automatic image reduction when adding large-sized images
- FIX: Optimized brush picker/color picker controls and bug fixes
- FIX: Fixed bug when bulk importing images in touch menu
- FIX: Fixed navigation problems (forward/back) with hot folders
- FIX: The integrated, Chromium-based browser engine of FrontFace has been updated. As a result, numerous recent security fixes have been integrated.
Customers who are entitled to obtain updates & support can download the new version in the customer section on the mirabyte website. For those interested, there is a free, fully functional trial version available!