We continuously improve FrontFace by releasing new features, fixing bugs, and delivering updated documentation.
Please note that there has been a change in the system requirements for this version as well as a change regarding to license activation (highlighted in red below)!
Here are the most important changes of version 4.3.7:
- NEW: Weather media object now shows the probability of rain for the forecasts.
- NEW: Weather media objects comes with a brand new icon set called “Comic”:
- FIX: Weather media object has a new icon for changing weather that is “more positive“ regarding sunshine.
- FIX: Update to an entirely new, Chromium-based browser engine (using Chromium 79) with a fully isolated/sandboxed architecture for more stability and security.
- NEW: Optional progress bar for countdown and egg timer mode of the date/time clock media object for visualizing the remining time.
- NEW: PDF documents (local and Web) linked in Web pages can now be viewed using the Web page media object.
- FIX: Starting with this version, FrontFace requires .NET Framework 4.8 (on most Windows 10 computers, this version of the .NET Framework is already preinstalled!).
- NEW: Videos can now optionally be started automatically or not when being used in a touch menu button playlist.
- FIX: Dedicated actions for showing and hiding the onscreen keyboard have been added as an extension to the previously existing toggle keyboard action.
- FIX: Settings dialog of Player App (Maintenance Menu) is designed more clearly.
- FIX: Fixed a problem with assigning non-existing playlists to event sources.
- FIX: Idle timer to return to home page of a touch menu now also works correctly, when the user is interacting with a Web page that uses the “Chromium (for Touch)” browser engine.
- FIX: Editing players within a player group now works correctly in all cases.
- FIX: Fixed an issue with publishing player groups.
- FIX: Fixed a problem with adding background audio files to playlist pages.
- FIX: Fixed a problem with overlay playlists triggered by an event source that did not show up.
- FIX: All actions that are only available in certain contexts are now context-sensitive.
- FIX: To label the language selection buttons in multi-lingual touch menus, the language names are now used in their native representation (German, English, Français, etc.).
- FIX: Whitelist filter of the Web page media object now also behaves correctly in case there are invalid entries in the whitelist.
- FIX: Due to a change in the license activation system, it can happen under certain circumstances that your FrontFace license must be reactivated after the update. However, due to the change, the activation code is now much more robust to Windows feature updates, which in the past partially made a reactivation necessary when being installed!
- FIX: Minor bug fixes.
Updates for FrontFace Plugins:
In addition to the new version 4.3.7 of FrontFace, there are also some updates for the optional plugins available:
Remote Control Plugin:
- FIX: Remote Control plugin has been fully revised and adds better options for controlling playlists based on playback time or play loops. Additional to that there is also a new tutorial which explains how to set up a Call-Up System with the plugin!
- NEW: New view type “Agenda” for displaying appointments or room bookings per day in a chronological order.
- FIX: Minor bug fixes.
The new version as full version or as fully-functional trial version is available for download on the FrontFace product website.